- Leads/manages overall art department
- Oversees project development, from initial comps to final execution
- Assists in translating client-marketing objectives into solid creative strategies, both visually and Conceptually
- Works closely with the team to solve marketing problems through smart, well-designed materials that help sell product, and maintain good image for clients and company.
- Attends creative input meetings (along with the rest of the team) to develop creative strategies that will set the Agency’s clients apart
- Directs the creative product and strives for excellence in everything from concept to completion of all projects, on time and on budget.
- Alerts and communicates with team any problems in the schedule, as well as intelligent solutions to resolve in the most efficient manner.
- Helps “sell” creative at client presentations when called on by request of account team
- In concert with production director, signs off on layouts, artwork, photography and proofs, as well as is involved in solving any production issues that arise.
- Maintains current working knowledge of computer-related skills, software and programs to ensure entire creative department, as well as individual staff members, remain on the leading edge of essential technology and skills.
- Assists in interviewing and screening of applicants for creative positions.
- Highly creative
- Must have a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing techniques
- Must have excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated and well organized
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Have a good eye for detail
- Must be able to see other people’s point of view and cope with criticism
- Team Player
- Result oriented