The Department of Fine Arts and Foundation Studies at the School of Architecture and Design-Byblos Campus- has a vacancy for a part-time Photography Technician who will be responsible for assisting in the management of the photography lab in Byblos, as well as assisting faculty and students with their photography projects requiring the use of the digital lab, studio and dark room. S/he should be knowledgeable in both traditional and digital photography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applying safety and security procedures in the Photo Lab and Studio areas during normal or extended office hours.
- Updating the Photo Lab and Studio inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Managing the photography software, regular updates and licensing.
- Preparing and controlling chemicals needed for developing and printing.
- Performing routine checkups on equipment and notifies the supervisor on possible repair needs.
- Maintaining order in the Lab and Studio through the good implementation of student schedules, to avoid reservation conflicts.
- Giving technical sessions to students on the use of Photo Lab, Digital Lab and Studio equipment such as enlargers, processors, cameras, printers, and studio lighting equipment.
- Managing the photography printers, ink and paper supplies.
- Overseeing that all borrowed equipment is returned on time and in good condition.
- Training student assistants working in the lab.
- Performing other duties pertinent to this job as assigned.
- AA or TS in Photography
- Two to Four years of work experience in Photography and darkroom operations
- Studio and Photography skills in both traditional and digital photography
- Computer Literate
- Good command of English
Duration of position: This position will open in February 2015, and may be renewed on a term-by-term basis. The work load is 20 hrs./week.
Interested candidates should apply electronically by sending a CV and the names of 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title ‘Photography Technician’ in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Sunday January 18, 2015.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.