The School of Business has a vacancy for a Web Content Editor to build and improve the school’s online presence and “brand” awareness through continuous update of the school’s website and presence on social media networks, blogs and search engines.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the school website, using primarily the Movable Type publishing platform.
- Manages all faculty member websites and internet home pages, and student organization websites of the school.
- Designs and manages the school social media network.
- Trains faculty members on designing and managing their own presence on social media networks.
- Ensures that content is consistent with the web strategy of the school, in line with accreditation standards and relevant to users.
- Suggests edits to received content to make it suitable for the web (addition of links or pictorial material, sequence changes, use of tables, lists or charts instead of narrative, rephrasing sentences or eliminating unnecessary content for the sake of conciseness, etc.)
- Ensures consistency by copyediting according to LAU’s Editorial Style guide.
- Maintains all web-related school, department, course, student, teaching and research files for restricted access on the website.
- Manages all school electronic bulletin boards.
- Maintains web-related student petitions as well as career and placement services records.
- Maintains web-related documents for the academic accreditation of the school and the strategic plan.
- Studies trends in social media and research popular platforms as applicable to job duties.
- Studies emerging social media tools and observe how often those platforms and tools are used.
- Works closely with MarCom and IT teams in developing the school’s website.
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as requested by the dean.
- Education: A bachelor degree in Communication or related field from an accredited university. Master degree is a plus.
- Experience: 2-5 years writing for the web and managing (or working within) an editorial workflow.
- Significant knowledge of website management and design principles and practices.
- Familiarity with graphic design processes, programs, and design directions.
- Command of English; excellent writing skills.
- Experience in web 2.0 features such as social media and personalization.
- Marketing, promotion and communications-planning skills.
CV and college transcripts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Monday January 19, 2015.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.