Softimpact is currently hiring a Junior Art Director. Our perfect candidate is trendy, creative, up to date and proficient in web design.
Junior Art Directors are in charge of creating the look, layout and features of a website, following the latest trends. The job involves understanding both graphic design and Web design. Junior Art Directors meet with the clients and make sure that their needs are met based on an assessment and a following presentation, before completing the final product.
Duties and responsibilities
- Meets with the clients, understands their needs and expectations.
- Creates and formulates art concepts by executing layout designs for art work and copy to be presented by.
- Produces sketches or 'roughs' or 'scamps' (printed) to communicate ideas to the client;
- Meets with the CEO, communicates ideas and exchanges information linked to the project before presenting ideas to clients;
- Pitches ideas to clients; Keeps them informed by reviewing illustrative material for presentation.
- Follows up on client’s feedback. Works on any requested alterations or changes to improve client’s satisfaction.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Contributes to the creative development of brand identity while being involved in branding activities, when needed.
- Committed to staying up to date with the latest design knowledge and trends surrounding the industry.
- Takes pride in the duties and responsibilities assigned to him/her.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field such as multimedia, art or design. Masters is a plus.
- Knowledge of layouts, digital graphic fundamentals, limitations of the web.
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, and creative process.
- Able to operate on both PC and Mac.
- Experience in software such as photoshop, fireworks, illustrator. Flash is a plus.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in graphic design, 2 of which associated to web design (UIUX)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven time management skills. Respects deadlines and works accordingly.
- Multitasking skills with the ability to priorities work.
- Self monitoring skills, able to work independently.
- Ability to create a storyboard, translating ideas and develop innovation (motion) graphic solutions.
- Ability and interest in working in both printed and web design media for integrated campaigns.
- Fast learner with the will to grow.
- Mature, creative, able to meet deadlines, loyal and energetic, positive by nature with a great team spirit, people oriented, ethical manners.